Tuesday, October 28, 2008

October...

Brylee is officially walking! It only took her a day or two before she gave up crawling all together. She is now almost in a full run which is bad news considering her "spirit". I have had to buy a pipe snake to attempt retrieval of a washcloth from the bathroom drain, watch her toss and break one of my beloved red dishes, and clean thrown food from the carpet, table and chairs. This was only today. Needless to say, we are paying for anything we did to our parents. We attended the NICU reunion at the beginning of October. Seeing children with serious health complications has yet again reminded me how very blessed we are to have such a beautiful, healthy baby. I do remind myself of that as I am pulling her back through the dog door from her ankles. We also saw Megan, our favorite NICU nurse. She was Brylee's nurse the day she was born. It was great to see her and get a fun picture of them together.

Not much new is going on with Jared. Softball is over for the season, so he has been spending his time with Brylee and is still doing some contract work. My big news is that we have finally found the source of my “complications” I have had in the fast year since Brylee’s delivery. About a week after my c-section I started having severe pain in my side that wrapped up my back into my shoulders. I don’t have it on a regular basis, but when I do it is horrid. After one to many nights of waking up in pain and debating a visit to the ER I insisted that the doctor find the problem. I had a sono of all the mid-section internal organs and nothing was found. I was sent to a gastroenterologist and had a gallbladder scan last week. Apparently you can have a problem with the function of your gallbladder without having any gallstones. The end result is that I have an appointment in a few weeks with a surgeon to determine when it will be removed. I am not excited about surgery, but I am excited to say this should fix the problem.

We are looking forward to Halloween. We took a trip to the pumpkin patch this evening and found this year's jack-o-lantern we are going to carve tomorrow night. Brylee has an adorable ladybug costume for Friday. I am sure you will get to see pictures!

No comments: